Friday, April 19, 2013

Easy meal


Lookie, lookie…I have a new header ( again!)  and changed my blog color. Looks nice, isn’t it? I can’t get enough tweaking my blog. It’s addicting…ha, ha!

My kids are on vacation at my sister place in Tarlac for a week now. So, I am having a lot of time tweaking my blog. It’s just me and hubby but during daytime I am by myself because hubby has to work. I am missing my kids but this coming weekend we will visit our kids and my sister’s family.

Since the kids are not here it means less activity in the kitchen. I prepare meals for two – me and my hubby, regularly a breakfast and a dinner. For lunch time, I just eat what was left in our breakfast or cook a quick pasta dish for myself.

I am lonely when my kids are not around. The house is so quiet. I avert my loneliness by tweaking my blog and playing FB games, ha ha. Seriously, I hate summer vacations because my kids are not here, they left me, me and my hubby...they are all grown up - both college freshman and high school freshman this coming school year. They can do what they like, like this year they will spending their summer vacation hopping from one place to another to visit their uncles/unties and cousins.

And when my kids are not around I am so lazy to do house work - clean the house, to wash our clothes, cook our food or even eat. Awww, I’m missing my kids, already. Since I am on the lazy mood, I like to share with you the product of my laziness when it comes to preparing our meal. Here’s my easy meal:

Grilled Tanguige and Kangkong in Oyster Sauce


I think I cook this for our dinner last Monday. For me, grilling fish is easy and fast it’s a matter of minutes. For these tanguige steaks, I marinated it with salt and pepper, squeeze two pieces calamansi juice and lastly drizzle some olive oil. Let it marinate for about 15 minutes. Don’t marinate longer time because the acid will cook the fish. You will get a ceviche not a grilled fish!

Then brush the grill pan with oil and heat the grill pan.

Cut the hard stems of kangkong, wash and cut into halves. Then grate garlic, probably I grate five cloves of garlic because I like lots of garlic. Heat another pan, put some olive oil.

Make sure that the grill pan is screaming hot, it’s time to put the fish on the grill to avoid the fish from sticking on the grill pan.

When the oil is hot on the other pan, put in the grated garlic and a little salt, when it is light brown remove it from the pan. Set aside.

Use the remaining oil to cook the kangkong. Put first the other half with soft stems then the rest of the kankong. Add in about two tablespoon of oyster sauce, a little bit of salt and pepper.  Stir. When the leaves are wilted remove from the pan. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle lots of garlic bits.

How do you know that the grilled fish is done? If the meat of the fish is opaque throughout, it’s done.

Breaded Pork cutlets and Cauliflower with garlic



This is our viand last night. Wash the pork cutlets. Marinate with salt and pepper, let it stand for 10 minutes.

While marinating the pork cutlets, prepare the cauliflower, cut the stem, cut the florets into smaller ones and wash. Grate some garlic. Heat the pan and put some oil.  Put in the grated garlic and a little salt, when it is light brown remove it from the pan. Set aside.  Use the remaining oil to cook the cauliflower florets. Add in some salt and pepper, mix and cover the pan. Cook within five minutes, I like a crunchy cauliflower. When it is done remove from the pan. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with lots of garlic bits.

Prepare a couple of tablespoon of flour and add in some salt and pepper, and mix. Divide the flour mixture into two bowls. Dredge the pork cutlets in the first bowl with flour. Crack an egg, beat and dip the pork cutlets. And dredge again to the second bowl with flour. Heat another pan, put some olive oil and fry the pork cutlets.

That's it. My easy meal.
Probably the two dishes was done in less than 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. malalaki na pala mga kids mo. my easy meal are fried eggs and fried chicken. haha. puro lang ako fried kasi hindi marunong magluto. :(

    ReplyDelete