Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Squid Sisig

Please absolve me of posting another Sisig recipe, I have really been cooking quick and healthy meals lately to save gas and more time for myself,  hahaha. And I found out that this Squid Sisig is really quick to cook.

Here’s what I and my hubby eat greedily the other day. Squid Sisig.


Squid Sisig
  1. Clean the squids thoroughly - remove the transparent backbone and the black inc sac.  
  2. Cut into rings.
  3. Prepare the calamansi-toyo mixture: 6 pieces calamansi juice and two tablespoon soy sauce.  Set aside for later use.
  4. Sauté a little piece of ginger, onion and garlic and include three pieces siling labuyo. Yes, I like it super hot! 
  5. Add squid. Toss for a minute or two. Why a minute or two? Because overcooking, the squid will become tough. 
  6. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Then put the sautéed squid in a strainer to drip.
  7. Heat the sizzling plate and quickly put the sautéed squid and put in the calamansi-toyo mixture. Sprinkle dahon ng sibuyas.
  8. And serve the Squid Sisig while it sizzles.