Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Squid Sisig

Please absolve me of posting another Sisig recipe, I have really been cooking quick and healthy meals lately to save gas and more time for myself,  hahaha. And I found out that this Squid Sisig is really quick to cook.

Here’s what I and my hubby eat greedily the other day. Squid Sisig.


Squid Sisig
  1. Clean the squids thoroughly - remove the transparent backbone and the black inc sac.  
  2. Cut into rings.
  3. Prepare the calamansi-toyo mixture: 6 pieces calamansi juice and two tablespoon soy sauce.  Set aside for later use.
  4. Sauté a little piece of ginger, onion and garlic and include three pieces siling labuyo. Yes, I like it super hot! 
  5. Add squid. Toss for a minute or two. Why a minute or two? Because overcooking, the squid will become tough. 
  6. Then add salt and pepper to taste. Then put the sautéed squid in a strainer to drip.
  7. Heat the sizzling plate and quickly put the sautéed squid and put in the calamansi-toyo mixture. Sprinkle dahon ng sibuyas.
  8. And serve the Squid Sisig while it sizzles.

29 comments:

  1. It looks good... Have a great week! :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm i can almost smell this in my head. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss sisig.. sisig bangus, sisig pizza but haven't tried sisig squid. i want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarap! I'm sure hubby will love this. I have to buy a sizzling plate first para mas maganda ung presentation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but drool...sarap nito although bawal...once in a while siguro pwede indulge hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, this is yummy
    haven't tried squid sisig

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I'd like mine to be a little spicy. I'm sure mapaparami ako ng kain nito.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAven't tried this squid dish but it sure looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. tuna sisig i've tried and liked it, i'm sure i'd love this one too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i haven't taste a squid sisig but it looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is new to me. Looks so delish.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of squid sisig before. Wonder what it would taste like....

    ReplyDelete
  13. waah! i love squids and sisig, so to mix them both together and make squid into a sisig is delightful to me! super yummy! nakakagutom! thanks for posting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I can make this one too. Medyo mahal lang kasi ang squid. Maybe some other time. By the way, thanks for sharing your recipe. Once I made this one, I will mention your name again. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a new one ha. Sisig na squid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lab it! Now, where to buy the sizzling plate...

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! sisig na squid. i'm sure mamapadami ang kain ko niyan. happy weekend sis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love squid, and I love sisig, so I therefore conclude I must love squid sisig. This is a must-try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love squid but I dont think I'll like sisig.. I am not into spicy food kasi..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Although it's past lunch time, I feel like I want to eat again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Squid! I've never eaten in in sisig form though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm fond of squids, but with siling labuyo, waaaah! I couldn't bare of eating spicy foods.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! This looks yummy! I like it a little bit dry with some good spices. Missed eating squids.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Parang ang anghang.hehe Enticing all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! That's super easy to make. I haven't tried squid sisig and would love to try it one of these days. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a new sisig recipe that I haven't tried. Will do so one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is new. Have to try it at home.

    ReplyDelete