Monday, May 13, 2013

Yellow Rice, Anyone?


The other day, my sister did a surprise visit!  She didn’t even text or call me that she will be dropping by. I just heard someone calling my name at the gate and I went out and was really surprised to see her.

When my siblings or other relatives come to visit us without notice I really freak out because I am not prepared to entertain a visitor. I don’t want them to see my home disordered and the most important is the food that I had to serve for them. My mom admonishes me of this attitude, she said whatever the state of my home is and the food that is available is okay, it’s no big deal. What is important is I welcome my visitors with all my heart.

So here goes my attitude again, the instant I see my sister, of course I first hug her and then reprove her that she didn’t even texted or called me. She didn’t answer; she went straight inside our house. Maybe she knows my ritual ha, ha.

I love my sister, we chatted the whole day. We had a great bonding moment.

So, what I cooked for my sister for lunch?
Your guess is right, this gorgeous Yellow Rice!


How did I cook it?
I have left over rice in the fridge, some shrimps and left over mussels (already boiled). I have red and green peppers, scallions/green onions and turmeric powder, all stuff are great for my Yellow Rice!

Clean and wash the shrimps. Prepare the veggies – grate the garlic, diced a medium sized yellow onion, dice small sized green and red pepper, and chop the scallions.

Sauté  half of the onions  and garlic, add the shrimps  and cook one minute in each side, add mussels and dust with salt and pepper. Take out the seafood from the pan.

Add olive oil to the pan, sauté half of the onions and garlic, add half a teaspoon of turmeric powder, add the bell peppers, and stir. Add the rice, and toss and toss. Add salt and
pepper, and toss. Correct the taste by adding more salt if needed. Add the seafood, and toss. Lastly, sprinkle chopped scallions on top.

My sister super like my Yellow Rice, it’s so tasty.
Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment