Tuesday, February 19, 2013

How I change my blog's header


Have you noticed my new header?
Does my blog looked presentable now?
I hope your answer is YES, hahaha!

Well,  after almost two weeks of hard work – of learning how to use photo shop, of reading a lot of articles on this subject,  of inexorable  tweaking of my blog, and after I exhausted all my limited knowledge, I got a nice header and a presentable blog. I am contented with my masterpiece.
It’s a success, hahaha!

There are still some aspects that I like to change or to tweak in the header and of the whole layout, but I better put off the idea. For now, I am satisfied of what I have created.

I like to share to none-techie moms like me, the process I went through as well as to document my blogging milestone. Milestone…great word and apt word for me.

How I change my blog's header.

I first Googled for an image. I was confused of what image to choose because there are really a lot of nice and cute images. I prefer for a simple one, so I downloaded this one. And cropped a bit using Microsoft Picture Manager.  Whoever owns this image, many thanks to you.


For the banner, I used Adobe Photoshop, click FILE and decide the size. I settled for an 1150 width and a 200 height. Seeing the result looks like I should have reduced the height to 170 or 180.


Then I created Layer 1, click the T (horizontal type tool), and write down my blog’s title, tweak a bit  the Aspire font, 83 in size and brown color. To center, or place on the right or left side, press the END tab.




Next is to place the image, I click FILE,  click PLACE, click the image and it appeared on my Photoshop workspace, and press END tab to place the image - center, right side or left side.


And I SAVED my work to JPG.


Then I open my blog, click LAYOUT, click HEADER and UPLOAD my new header and SAVE.



To change my blog’s background to go with my new header, hit TEMPLATE DESIGNER.



Then click ADVANCE to change the font’s size and color, tabs and links color and so on.
And view my blog!


Whew, that was an extremely difficult one, almost two weeks work hahaha!
Nevertheless, I am happy of the outcome and for the new learning experience.

41 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making your own header and looking forward to more of your tweaks on your own blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice header! You can also try using Picasa, it's much more easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I am using photoscape in making my header. I am planning to change my header again. I like to make it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice header.. i used to make blogger theme before but since my desktop crushed down i stop making blogger theme and digiscrapping as I am using a netbook..photoimpact needs a wider screen kasi..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have made my own header using Picmonkey, just an online photo editing site, since I am so poor using Photoshop. Great tutorial though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! simple and clean hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing how to changen headers. Been wanting to change my blog's header for the longest time and also the theme but I know it's going to be hard work so I haven't started yet. I need a long vacation like maybe during holy week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tips! I really need a blog revamp; I want it simple and not so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! You achieved a simple but classic look. Thanks for sharing the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Looks neat. Give yourself a pat on the shoulders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have to learn how to design my blog! Yours look beautiful na! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have changed mine too. I wanted to make my blog just plain white but I still end up with pink. Hehe. But I make it just light and the colors minimal to make it look simple but pretty. Hehe. By the way, I have been using Photoscape ever since. I find Adobe Photoshop complicated to use. Hehe

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new header! It's cute. :)

    Oh, and if you're interested in exchanging links and following each other on GFC, please let me know through my blog.

    Take care. :D
    Jemm
    http://thedracoprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this new look a lot. Very simple, and clean. I also prefer lighter backgrounds that's why I love that you did that. :-) I was going to ask where you got the image hehehe.... I'm kind of hesitant to just download images from search engines. Usually, they are copyrighted....

    Hmmmm I suddenly have the urge to tweak my blog header...nahhh.... this too shall pass hehehe. I have tons of things to do and tweaking my blog would take me ages again. So, controlling myself now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do that, too. Go online and try to change my blog design haha. But it does take plenty of time and trial and error.

      Delete
  15. Nice choice of picture for your header.

    I wonder why people are changing something about their blog. I also have read a post the she needs a blog designer. I might need to tweak something in my blog too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Extremely Happy I found your post!=) Eggzoited to try this=)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its nice and simple. This is the kind of blog design na pleasant tingnan. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your post reminded me of those days when I started blogging. :) That was eons ago. I was happy and contended with every accomplishments.

    Hope you'll learn more about editing templates and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I recently tweaked my other blog. i don't have photoshop kaya hindi ko pa naiimprove ang header ko.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good to learn something new... like your new header but the picture does look bit weird with the face cropped off.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i also tweaked my blog a bit and had a hard time because it's a customized template i got. I also wanted to create a header for my other blog but still don't know how to start. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's really nice to learn something new. You had done a good job for a start. Anyway, things can always improve as we go along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice work! with your newly acquired skill, i'm sure you'll be tweaking your site more, and with ease. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your header looks great, Max! Watch out, nakaka-addict ang Photoshop. So I guess we'll be seeing more new headers? Hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. sis, simplicity is still the best. parang may similarity ang header design natin. hehe. It also took a month for me to fully acquaint Photoshop. next time baka html coding naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I envy you that you're able to use the photoshop. I used to, but just like art, it takes practice talaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on changing your header and doing the design by yourself. I am quite sure the changes won't end in here right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. wowsaaa...congrats...grabe ang patience mo sa pag aaral on how to tweak your blog. i wish i am like you but unfortunately i don't even know how to use photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good job on changing your header :) I tweak my own blog as well. That's why I don't buy paid themes, kasi paiba iba ako ng isip hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! You did a great job. ;-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good job on your header. Plus, that header is by pixelista. She used to offer free blog template designs, she doesn't anymore though, or the designs have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  32. very simple header. and thank you. i learned something today.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good job! I like your blog template because it's clean. Like the image there, too. ;) More success to this blog, then!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like this design too! Yay for the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Cool! I love putting new elements into my blog's design. I wish I knew how to make mine prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice tutorial. I also would like to make a header for another blog but I don't know/have Adobe Photoshop. Any suggestion? I think I might just use Powerpoint ... I've read somewhere online a tutorial on this.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice, I hope I remember to check this page when I start to tweak my blog..

    ReplyDelete