Monday, February 25, 2013

Bangus Sisig


Presenting our viand yesterday....Bangus Sisig!


Bangus Sisig is actually the most requested viand in my home. It's my kids and hubby's favorite. I really like it when they requested for a viand, it saves me from thinking of what to cook hahaha.

By the way, which do you prefer, Pork Sisig or Bangus Sisig?

I like both. But if I have to choose between the two, I prefer Bangus Sisig because it is healthier and easy to cook. Easy in a way that Bangus Sisig has shorter preparation than the Pork Sisig that requires boiling, grilling and and mincing the pork.

Here’s how I cook my Bangus Sisig.

First, prepare the bangus, it should be deboned and butterflied.  I always ask my favored fishmonger to do it for me.  Marinate it with  kalamansi juice,  a little soy sauce, salt and pepper.  And put it in a hot grill.

Let it cool after grilling. Then flake the bangus.  While grilling, prepare chicken livers - place it in the pot and cook for about 5 minutes. Scoop out, mash it with a fork and set aside.

In a small bowl, mix kalamansi juice (juice of about 5-6 kalamansi), soy sauce (about 2 tablespoon) and pepper.

Heat your sizzling plate or ordinary pan, put a little oil, add minced onions, garlic, two pieces chopped siling labuyo and a chopped green chili.  Saute.

Add the flaked bangus, then the mashed liver. Toss until heated.

Then add the kalamansi-soy sauce mixture to sizzle on the plate or pan. Toss to coat the ingredients evenly.

And lastly, crack an egg on top.

Then turn off the heat. Easy and shorter time to cook, right?



It’s chewy and crispy. And it’s less fatty.  And it’s sour and spicy.
Ah, all the feature of a good Sisig is here.
Oh, delicious!

41 comments:

  1. I've never had the dish before but it sounds really tasty. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just had my lunch but felt hungry again because of this. i love sisigs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have a sizzling plate at home?

    If my kids were to request for the viand, we'll have eggs everyday. Haaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting really how this sisig has a lot of variants these days. They even have tofu sisig. Ha ha... I should try this one and deceive the kids to eat fish. But isn't it that the ingredients of the sisig make it fattening, not really only whether it's pork or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh.. bigla ako ginutom.. I want to eat.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy. Will try to ask our bangus suki if they offer deboning of bangus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom loves bangus sisig, our favorite restaurant in Dagupan creates them, and one of my aunts loves to cook and sell some to us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm an avid fan of Magic Sarap for my cookings and at the back of the packet there's a recipe that one can follow and it's there that I've seen a recipe for a sisig. I've always wanted to try it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this recipe.. Might try cooking this on a weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy. I like bangus sisig but I don't know how to cook it. Medyo mahirap pala. I hope I can also do it someday. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarap naman! I like bangus sisig too kasi nga less fatty. Pero masarap din ang pork sisig with rice, or in its own as pulutan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nakakagutom, I wanna try it. on weekends nmaybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yumyum!!! i haven't tried eating sisig bangus..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. I agree with you, it is hard to think what to cook and one good solution is by asking them what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I prefer bangus sisig because it's healthier but I also love the other lalo na pag spicy :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for making me crave! Firstly, im nagtitipid so i buy sisig. Secondly, i dont have that sizzling plate so I cant cook:( huhuhu.that picture! Gusto ko kainin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And thirdly pala, di ako marunong mag butterfly ng bangus! Huhuhu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These days, we also have decided to eat more fish and vegetables... not only because it is length but also for health reasons. It is only my son who actually became slimmer losing about 10 kilos or so from dieting ... and he , himself reminds us to choose veggies more!!! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I prefer bangus sisis also...healthier for me. I'm not much of a pork lover in the first place hehehe. This looks so yummy! I like spicy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. there's a lot of food post among BC Bloggers? and this bangus sisig looks so tatsy...hayst nagugutom ako! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have read about lots of foods today. Nakakagutom. Hehe. Your bangus sisig looks yummy.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, looks really yummy! i love sisig! and I love bangus sisig too! looking at the pic you posted makes me soooo hungry! thanks for the recipe by the way. i might try this one day for my hubby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love sisig, but I have never tried bangus sisig. This looks delicious and easy to prepare. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What animal/vegetable is bangus? Haven't heard of this dish before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bangus or Milkfish in english=) If Im not mistaken it's a freshwater fish

      Delete
  25. Yummy! Great alternative for me since I don't eat pork.

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my! this post makes me wish we also have bangus sisig now for breakfast... :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow. i miss eating bangus sisig. it's easy lang pla.. though we don't have sizzling plate eh. sayang :(

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's super sarap and very healthy ha. I prefer it over the pork!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yummy! How I wish I can make this dish. I only get a taste of it in restos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Looks so masarap! I think I'd love this more than pork sisig.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i've tried bangus sisig, but after some time nauumay ako. I prefer pork or tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really love sisig, but I never thought of cooking it myself. I might actually try one of these days. It's also a favorite in our household.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I want my sisig extra extra hot! Yummy post!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want pork sisig. I'm never a Bangus fan because of childhood trauma due to its fish bones. hehehe! I'm drooling right now. waah!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Haven't tried bangus sisig yet. I always try pork sisig and chicken sisig only. But that bangus sisig of yours looks yummy and the fact that it's easier to prepare is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  36. i didn't know there is such sisig na bangus..anyhow is looks yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hay grabe lalo akong nagutom. Third blog na ito na food posts ang nakita ko. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete