Sunday, March 24, 2013

Take your grilling FLAVOR to the next level!

After the exclusive family dinner for my graduates last Friday,  my kumares and some  neighbors were asking for a treat to celebrate my kids graduation. I was really ashamed of not inviting them, I think explaining to them that the dinner was solely a family matter will not help, I could sound defensive...so I give in. Thus, earlier today,  on Palm Sunday...they came over for a lunch treat!

I prepared for them a grilled meat dish – a beef bulgogi! Since my kumares and neighbors are Korean tele-novela followers, I ought to treat them for a Korean dish.


It’s really a simple dish, I bought two kilo of  beef loin. I give my meat vendor a hard time because I told him to slice the beef ala sukiyaki style (very, very thin cut to quickly grilled the beef), ha-ha! I  cut the beef into squares, washed and marinated the beef  overnight - in ½ cup of soy sauce, 4 tablespoon of honey, 1 whole grated white onion, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 3 gloves grated garlic, 1 teaspoon black pepper and lastly 5 tablespoon of sesame oil.


Then  today,  close to lunch time, we enjoyed and made fun of grilling and eating the bulgogi! I partnered the bulgogi with a lettuce salad. I used two small head of iceberg lettuce, five pieces of tomatoes, two pieces of salted eggs, and a simple dressing - a mix of  five calamansi juice and four tablespoon of olive oil.

On top of chit-chatting, my kumares and neighbors ate ravenously, ha-ha! We had a feast and we really had fun! But, I have one thing to confess, please don’t tell this to my kumares and neighbors. I am not pleased with my bulgogi. I told them that it was an authentic Korean dish, like the dish they saw in Korean tele-novelas. But I lied. There is something  missing with the flavor...a  genuine bulgogi flavor!

Hah, I think I should take my grilling flavor to the next level. I should have used this Korean BBQ Seasoning Mix by McCormick. Each pack of McCormick Korean BBQ Seasoning Mix gives a wonderful blend of authentic McCormick herbs and spices.

The famous Korean dish Bulgogi, which means “fine beef”, is now readily available to savor with your grilled beef, pork and chicken with McCormick Korean BBQ Seasoning Mix.  It has the right mix of bulgogi marinade of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and other spices to easily provide you an appetizing Korean meal

Oh, I am so dead, I should have known this!

And looking through McCormick FB page, I have found out a worthy event that I think should need to attend.


McCormick will hold an event which highlights their Grill Mates line.  Dubbed as the McCormick Grill Nation, the event will feature McCormick's different seasoning mixes through serving grilled meats that all attendees can enjoy!  Let us be part of  this event on April 7, 2013, 4pm, at Bonifacio High Street, Lane O cor. 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.

I shouldn't miss this event if I want to take my grilling flavor to the next level! I’m sure I will learn a lot in this event to fix my grilling lapses ha-ha! Next time that I will invite my kumares and neighbors for a lunch, I am more confident for a grilling session!

27 comments:

  1. I've read about this for days now, but I haven't really tried it. :) Will probably do so, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dish looks so delicious. Haven't tried something like that before. Thanks for sharing your food photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gusto ko sana umattend neto kaso ang init ng panahon now huhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy with the lettuce salad pa. I am not fond of eating beef, I don't like the overpowering taste it leaves in my mouth. But I eat corned beef, haha.

    Mommy Maye2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to be skipping the beef (though it looks good btw) but I was drooling over the lettuce and tomatoes. :-) I read about this grilling event. Am sure you will learn more from it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, this will be great this summer, grilling out on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks sooooo yummy! I love everything grilled pa naman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used the McCormick korean bbq marinade for the valentine dinner I prepared for the family. They loved it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a very nice job. it looks delicious! :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yummy! You know it's 11:59 (lunchtime) and I'm really hungry. Looking at this, I think I want bulgogi for my lunch today. Side salad with itlog maalat looks really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh fancy that! we're having beef for lunch now but it's bulalo. hello cholesterol. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm judging your dish is perfect even without McCormick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice dish there. Mommy doesn't want beef. Maybe I'll try this one with pork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like your salad, its simple and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  15. im a mccormick mommy too!!! but haven't tried this new mix... maybe soon, when i have my drive to cook back... :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Mccornick seasoning mix sounds interesting, I might try it one day

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wasn't able to check out the grilling sensation of McCormick yet. I'll do next time I go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have yet to try any Korean bbq grilling marinade. I'm sure they make the meat taste more yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks nice, sis. I want to try this dish, too. Bili muna ako ng marinade. hihihi.. And congrats to your graduates!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you get to cook another time using the Bulgogi marinade, Max. And oh, you have a new header again. It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I super like Bulgogi. And I am also a huge KPOP fan. Super fangirl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Korean barbecue and i had the best Korean BBQ when I was in Korea! I still have to try this marinade.... And I like salted eggs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the salad, hihi! i miss eating itlog na maalat! :-) anyway, i am a McCormick fan too. I have a few in our kitchen. nice recipe you got there, I think it looks really delish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i like that mix too! nagcrave tuloy ako bigla ng itlog na pula...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I see grillmates around but never really tried it. Because of your post, I will head out to the grocery. Now Na!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the salad. I haven't tried a salad with itlog na maalat but I'm sure this is delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. the dish looks yummy.. and the presentation is great..

    ReplyDelete