Monday, March 18, 2013

Double Celebration


This week will be a busy week for me because on the 22nd of March will be my eldest and youngest graduation rites, high school and grades school respectively, and both will graduate with honors! Isn't it great? And this calls a double celebration! I am so happy and I am an extremely, extremely a proud mommy to my two kids.

I am very excited with this double celebration; it’s been a couple of weeks that I have been preparing for this big event, ha-ha!

I have bought my little girl with a simple dress. I choose a pale purple dress with an accented bow on the waist. I also bought her accessories, a pretty purple hair band and bracelet.

My eldest son said that he just needs a new shirt. So, I bought him a white shirt also a new pair of shoes that he will also use in college by June.

I did not buy a new dress for me. I think my pastel dress that I seldom wear will do for the occasion. Even my hubby declined for buying him for a new shirt or pants. Good thing, we are on the thrift mode ha-ha! You know, saving for my eldest college tuition fees.

I am done preparing the menu for the dinner party after the graduation ceremony, oh it’s just a simple bash composed  of my mom and my siblings, my sisters and brother in-law, nieces, nephews and some close friends. On my menu are again easy to cook dishes such as baked fish (maybe a salmon or a trevally will do or what is available if I do the marketing this coming Thursday); lemon grass stuffed roast chicken with an accompaniment of a simple green salad, I will just throw those two in the oven ha-ha! Of course, kare-kare, a requested viand of my siblings and in-laws, I can tenderize beforehand and keep the meat on the ref; and for dessert – cake and a mango sorbet, because mangoes are cheap right now. What do you think of my menu?

The next to be done are buff the house and put in order the dinner ware set and flatware starting today until Wednesday, buy cake and do the marketing on Thursday and cook the dishes on Friday. Oh my goodness…by just listing these chores I’m feeling exhausted already, ha-ha!

Happy Graduation to K and K!

31 comments:

  1. Woot ~ congratulations to you and hubby and the kiddos, who are achievers! :D My long sentence shows I'm as happy and excited as you. Ha ha I am pretty sure the celebration will be yummy and good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your 2 children. It indeed calls for a celebration and gutom na ako sa menu mo. Yummy. Do you have your menu recipes featured here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my daughter's graduation as well this 22nd of March. Congrats to our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Great menu, btw. I wanted to be invited sa sarap ng handa! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your kids! Another chapter of their lives after nyan, another level :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, again! :D There are many celebrations at this time. We had ours last year. That was a lot of fun!

    [CommEx 2]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your kids and to you too for helping them reach their milestones. :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Mommy! Truly worth celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congatulations not only to the kids but to proud mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than anyone, parents are the proudest of all when their children accomplished something right? Congratulations. Your menu list is great na.

    Happy graduation to your two children.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photos of the event and food please. Recipe na rin.. haha.. Congrats! So proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats to you and your hubby and to your two kids! your menu looks really delish! now, a greater journey for you and your son on collage. life is really good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoa, double celebration!
    congrats

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats mommy! wow, may Kolehiyala ka na :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, congrats! Graduations are actually for parents. They are the ones whose twice as happy. Siguro ikaw, 4 times happier. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. March, a time for graduation. Congrat to K & K :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Congrats to you and to your smart kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I am soo sure you and hubby are very proud of your achievers. You guys raised them well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and your husband must be beaming from ear to ear and patting yourselves after helping your kids achieve their status now :) Congrats to K and K!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations!!!! :-) i cant imagine how you'll go to 2 graduations within 1day... hehehe but as long as its something really really wonderful im sure that wont be an issue.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats sis! I'm sure you're kids are also happy to give you the honor of having given medals on graduation day! Weeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Congratulations! Happy Graduation to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrads.. your kids really did well in school this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulatement! hehehe! I really hope I still have the strength and will when my girl goes to college

    ReplyDelete
  25. This even really calls for a lovely and delicious celebration! I love your menu!

    ReplyDelete
  26. congrats to your for being a good mommy, your kids will not turn as they are now without your guidance.. i also congratulate your kids... cheers for more medals...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations to you and your kids! That's great. Both of them with honors. Well done to you and to them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! Galing2 naman! I hope you can post photos of the graduation rites and the celeb after, Max. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  30. congratulations sa mommy ng dalawang accomplished kids. :)

    ReplyDelete