Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fish Balls


What do you do with your leftover fried fish or grilled fish? What will you do if you still have leftover fish and your kids don’t like to eat it anymore? In my kitchen, it will not go to the garbage because I hate foods that are wasted. My leftover fried fish or grilled fish will surely have a makeover.

Last week, when I wasn’t able to prepare decent meals for my family because I was invalid due to my knee pain, my eldest had to do the cooking – he would open canned foods, fry fish and open canned foods and fry fish.

Fried fishes ended all in the ref!

The other day I did a makeover of those leftover.
I flake the fishes. Beat an egg and mixed with the flaked fishes.  Season it with salt and pepper. Put some flour. Form into balls. Dredge balls in the flour. Plunge it in a beaten egg. Dredge the balls in bread crumbs. And fry.

Look at my fish balls I made, I tell you its so tasty! My kids eat these with gusto.



18 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. Must buy flour in th egrocery now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. this is a different fish ball, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha nice idea at least there will be no food will go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ayy, you're a maabilidad na mommy! I might do that too this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever! :D We put tuna flakes on our spaghetti instead of beef or pork, too so that the kids can eat "fish." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good for the kids, healthy and looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the real fish ball! hehehe.. I'll try this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look delicious and I do hope you recover soon from your knee problem...
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete
  9. FLour, egg, bread crumbs. Yun pala dapat ang sequence! Thank you dahil i have additional dish sa menu ko next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks crunchy! I also hate it when food goes to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll share this to my mom. We've never had this type of fish recycled dish and it would be great to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good! Very practical and might be more appealing to the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waaaahhhh!!!! I felt hungry looking at those fish balls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with everyone. Your fishball looks really yummy. My husband had done naman kikiam from sardines. Hehe. These are quick and easy meal we can serve to our family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am doing this fishballs too. I also tried sardines in making fishballs too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love fishballs! The best ones are those on the streets with their special dips but am afraid na to eat street food :)This is a good idea. Will try it when we have leftover fish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good to remind us that this is a good alternative .

    ReplyDelete
  18. instead of reheating left-overs, that's one way of playing in the kitchen. looks like a tasty balls.

    ReplyDelete