Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sem-break: 10 days off


Since my kids got a semestral break (sem-break) at school and enjoying it, I also got a sem-break and enjoyed it too!

My sem-break was a ten days time off from waking up  before 5AM, fixing early morning breakfast, fixing baons, tutoring  my grade school kid, checking my high school kid  lessons, ensuring their needs  like school projects and other activities.

In the past 8 days I snooze longer, no school homework and projects in mind, no worries of baon to pack, nix anxieties if my kids came up late from school…awesome!

What I did in the past 8 days?

  1. Did the usual household chores – sweeping, dusting and cleaning the house, laundrying, marketing and cooking our daily meals.
  2. Changed house curtains, re-arrange furniture, sorted out and discarded clothing that are disliked, sorted out and discarded kitchen wares and other stuff that are tattered. 
  3. Surfed for new recipes that I think my family will like and updated my menu.
  4. Did manicure-pedicure in a neighborhood beauty parlor.
  5. Watched Skyfall and dine out with my hubby.
  6. Did malling with my kids – shop for their stuffs and purchase grocery needs.
  7. And surprisingly wrote 3 consecutive posts for my blog, a feat hahaha!
On the first day of xmas your true love gave you a schadenfreude

27 comments:

  1. cool! :) parents also enjoys sembreak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay ang sarap ng family time :) enjoy your sembreak sis :) Visiting from CommEx 10/30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you really did have a great time with the 10-day sembreak. Christmas is coming na so this means more bonding time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a day to do all those on your list, too. But never got the chance yet. LOL The Internet is always beckoning me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, ako din I don't update my blog much pero this long weekend surprisingly nagawa ko. :P

    Have fun today. Normal days na starting tomorrow. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a great time bonding with the family also. But unlike you, I didn't update my blog. Promised hubby to focus my time on him and on the kids the entire long weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got my day off too with my eldest. but tomorrow is another day and another school day. i'm now waiting for the christmas break :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. How productive! Good for you! I like that I didn't have to tutor my eldest and get angry sometimes if she refuses to do her homework.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have accomplished a lot of things. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to have day-off hahah.. imagine waking up at 5am is super heavy indeed! Happy that you've got some breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, just enough time to do most of the things. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sem breaks are fun, fun, fun! No need to cook early for breakfast and packed lunch, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I envy you sis! You got things done during the sem break while i was stuck naman in the hospital. buti na lang ako yung nagkasakit hindi si henry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss having a sembreak! I didn't get one extra day off :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sem break! Even the little ones have sem break these days, dati college lang :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a on a break for over 2 years now, hehehe! Wala kasing work. enjoy your sembreak. Visiting from commEx 10/30.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me too! I had a sembreak like yours but still hadn't had the time to watch movies but I still enjoyed the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Buhay ng isang nanay bow. Now that I'm a mother I enjoy my morning bath when everybody is still asleep...

    ReplyDelete
  19. good for you...i'm dying to watch skyfall

    ReplyDelete
  20. I missed watching skyfall last week, the little one is back to school since yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  21. SEMBREAK indeed is one heck of a fun. Family outings, gatherings etc.. can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i envy you... i wanna be a WAHM too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Totally productive during all of those days! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sem-break for mom is over back to normal routine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WoW! You did a lot on Sem break! :)

    From ComEx 11/6

    ReplyDelete
  26. Long breaks are indeed a welcome change to every household. I'm glad you had time for yourself too and get pampered. That must be so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete